Wednesday, 24 November 2010

Doh!

So last night was proof that you should at least spend some time analysing the form and statistics of a match before placing your money, however, it was only a couple of points lost. Particularly a little harsh on the trixie bet with the Ebbsfleet/Bromley tie being postponed, Oldham throwing a 3 goal lead in the last 13 minutes and Carlisle being unfortunate to draw 1-1 with Rochdale with 10 men after a reasonably dubious penalty decision.

Still, the beauty of football is that there are always games around the corner and we turn our attentions to the Champions League tonight and I have fivefold bet at 18/1 that I am reasonably confident will hit to bring my back into profit!
  • Tottenham (-1 goal) to beat Werder Bremen @ 6/5
  • Rubin Kazan v FC Copenhagen - Total Goals Under 2.5  @ 4/7
  • Panathinaikos v Barcelona - Total Goals Over +2.5 @ 4/6
  • Inter Milan to beat FC Twente in 1st half @ 10/11
  • Manchester United to beat Rangers @ 8/11  
After placing the above bet I now stand at -2.01 pts.

I believe that Tottenham should comfortably see off Werder Bremen tonight, even without Bale or Van Der Vaart who are doubtful as they have depth in their squad which Werder do not have. Werder also have to field several youngsters in their side and I believe that a trip to the Lane will be too much for them. I think that if Spurs can take the lead early we could be looking at a mauling in North London.

Rubin vs FC Copenhagen worries me slightly as the stats would suggest that this has a boring 0-0 draw written all over it, however, I thought that about Fulham vs Man City at the weekend! Both teams have only scored once in 4 Champions League games so I can't see this being a high scoring game so I have taken the under 2.5 goals in the match

Barcelona are Barcelona. There will be goals in Greece tonight and out of the 5 selections above I am most confident about this, despite Barcelona's history against Panathinaikos in Greece where they haven't scored against them before. Barcelona also need to win today to rest their players for the 6th and final game so I believe that they will score goals whereas their opposition have a new manager so they may be able to nick a goal or two in order to impress their new gaffa.

Inter to beat FC Twente in the 1st half I believe is the best value of all my selections. The majority if Inter Milan's goals this season in Europe have come early on and Rafa needs a good result tonight to keep his job so I believe that they will come out all guns blazing and take the early lead.

Finally, the banana skin. Manchester United to beat Rangers at Ibrox. Should be a formality for United but then so should have been the home tie at Old Trafford a couple of months ago. I believe that they will edge a dire game by the odd goal or 2.

Over and out, let's get some winners tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment