Tuesday, 26 July 2011

Queue the music

Yesterday evening started ever so promisingly but once again the football gods seemed to have other ideas and conspired against us from making a profit. CSKA Moscow were the culprits and with them needing to win both halves to bring a profit to The Canary, 2 out of the other 3 were correct, they decided that being 2-1 up at half-time was enough for them to see out the game without adding to the scoreline. Kryliya Sovetov even had a player sent off with over half an hour to play so it was all looking rosy but when lady luck goes wandering these kind of things usually appear more common place.


courtesy of visualrian.ru
I still consider that a decent bet that just went against us. The Hammarby/Assyriska game obviously failed massively but once again that went against the grain in terms of form but I've been around long enough to know that this happens. Hell if anyone could predict the right results 100% of the time then football would lose it's appeal. Still, an improvement from The Canary is required.


Today we see the next qualifying round of the Uefa Champions League and things start stepping up a notch from here on in. Dynamo Kiev vs Rubin Kazan is a prime example that the competition is close to the real thing. I shall avoid that game and, in fact, I think there are many games to avoid tonight due to the lack of form to base a prediction on, let alone the fact that how can you compare a team in one country to that of another? One things for sure, the return for the UCL music is a welcome one indeed!


I have scoured the form of the relevant teams and picked out the games to avoid and that didn't leave too much but I believe that we have profit waiting for us. I have gone for a simple 2.5pt TREBLE that returns 15pts on the following picks:

  • FC Twente (-1 goal) to beat Vaslui @ 4/5
  • APOEL Nicosia to beat Slovan Bratislava 6/10
  • Sturm Graz to beat Zestafoni @ 23/20
My confidence levels are probably at the 75% mark, which is pretty decent but if I were to highlight a risk it would be the Sturn Graz tie, however, he who dares...



** Please do not use my bets yourselves as you should always be responsible for your own betting. However, if you decide to use my bets, please ensure that you only bet with money that you can afford to lose. **

No comments:

Post a Comment