Monday, 15 November 2010

Bad start - Bad referees

Not a great start to my blog with only 2 of the 4 selections coming in. A total of 6pts were speculated and only 1.31pts returned, thus leaving me with a deficit of 4.69pts after 1 week. However, I can consider myself slightly unfortunate not to at least make a small profit which 3 results would've bought.

On the face of things, West Ham drawing nil-nil with Blackpool looks like a bad bet for me (original bet was for the match to have over 2 goals), however, the game was one of those highly entertaining scoreless draws. How there wasn't a goal I'm not too sure, however, the referee Mr Friend, certainly played his part when denying West Ham 2 stonewall penalties.

33 shots in the game and no goals is a damning assessment of the strikers on show but I would have no qualms about laying the same bet again as I feel that this was one of those freakish results that makes us love football. Sunderland smashing Chelsea 3-0 at the Bridge is a prime example of that!

As for Crystal Palace Vs Coventry, I went for that game purely based on statistical evidence in that both teams have more often than not played in games with over 2.5 goals, even more so for when you look at the specific home and away stats. I was only a goal away, however, this is why the bookies tend to take the money more often than not.


With the international fixtures coming up I am very confident of returning for the action next weekend in a profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment