Monday 21st March 2011
My main bet for this evening is a 0.5pt TRIXIE that returns 9.22pts on the following selections:
- Veendam to beat Sparta Rotterdam @ 11/10
- MK Dons vs Peterborough - Peterborough to win EITHER half @ 4/5
- Tours to beat Nantes @ 10/11
I also have a long shot bet for tonight, a 1pt FOURFOLD that returns over 30 points on the following:
- Veendam to beat Sparta Rotterdam @ 11/10
- Peterborough to beat MK Dons @ 15/8
- Tours to beat Nantes @ 10/11
- Reggina to beat Empoli @ 13/8
To summarise, I believe that Veendam to beat Sparta Rotterdam with odds of 11/10 is not to be missed seeing as Veendam average 2.15 points at home this season compared with Sparta's 0.77 points per game when away from home. Sparta also concede on average just under 2.5 goals every away game so I can see there being a few goals tonight. Recent form (Veendam have lost 1 in 8, Sparta 5 in 8) suggests that the home team should prevail tonight, and with odds of 11/10 it can't be missed.
Tours to beat Nantes at home with odds of 10/11 is also too good to miss for The Canary. Tours have won their last 3 home games without conceding a goal. Nantes have lost their last 3 away games without scoring a goal so I was tempted to go with Tours to win & keep a clean sheet but I won't push it. I just hope that Tours take the 3 points.
Finally, MK Dons vs Peterborough, what a game this should be tonight. Both teams are in great form over the past 8 games (MK Dons W5 D2 L1 - Peterborough W7 D1 L0) and both teams 'always' score goals. MK Dons have failed to score at home only 5% of games this season compared to Peterborough's 11% fail to score rate when playing away from London Road. Therefore tonight SHOULD bring goals.
Out of the two teams I would sway towards Peterborough as they have the better players and current form, just. To win either half has odds of 4/5 and I think that represents great value as they should at least win one half of football tonight.
Those are the reasons behind my main selections tonight and a similar logic applies to Reggina winning away from home to Empoli as well.
Let's hope the luck turns to me tonight to claw back some points from the bookie!
No comments:
Post a Comment