Tuesday, 28 June 2011

Hope fades

Well wasn't yesterday just a total disappointment all round! 


Hope Powell's charges took the men's league, and indeed the youngster's lead by failing to produce a decent performance at a major tournament. Although to be fair Mexico were playing a 16 year old rookie and goal and grabbed what was just their second ever goal at the World Cup. What were we expecting, it's England for goodness sake!


I've watched the women over the last few years and what disappointed me most about yesterday was the fact that their usual determination, usually missing in the men's game, had seemingly disappeared into thin air but hopefully they can pull themselves together for the rest of the tournament.


If England were disappointing then the tennis at Wimbledon yesterday was catastrophic! Zero for three are not the kind of stats that The Canary would hope for but I guess that if Network Rail can blame everything on the weather then so can I! Bad picks, we move on.


For today there is not much action around but we shall try and pinch a few extra points for the last few days of June so I won't try anything too exciting today. I will start with a 2.5pt TREBLE that returns a mere 8.97pts on the following football matches:

  • USA to beat North Korea @ 2/5
  • Sweden to beat Colombia @ 1/4
  • IFK Luleaa to beat Bodens @ 21/20
Moving on to the tennis and I once again have a straightforward 2.5pt TREBLE that returns 7.89pts on the following picks:
  • Marion Bartoli to beat Sabine Lisicki @ 10/11
  • Petra Kvitova to beat Tsvetana Pironkova @ 2/7
  • Maria Sharapova to beat Dominika Cibulkova @ 2/7
A 1pt SIXFOLD pays out 11.32 points on all of the above so I shall be pushing the boat out today and going for the big one.



** Please do not use my bets yourselves as you should always be responsible for your own betting. However, if you decide to use my bets, please ensure that you only bet with money that you can afford to lose. **

No comments:

Post a Comment