I thoroughly enjoyed my day off yesterday but today I hope to make up for lost opportunities as there are plenty of points to be claimed today and it's also the start of the FIFA Women's World Cup. Hope Powell's charges begin their campaign in Wolfsburg with a tricky encounter against their Mexican counterparts.
Kelly Smith, for those of you that don't know, is one of the world's best players and England will be looking to her to lead the charge from the front and she will no doubt be key to any success that England might have in the tournament. With Smith in the team I am confident of a win for the England Lionesses and with handicap (minus 1 goal) odds of 13/10 it's pretty tempting indeed.
However, my main bet for today excludes this selections and is instead a 3pt DOUBLE that returns 7.20pts on the following selections:
- Elfsborg to beat Syrianska FC @ 1/3
- GIF Sundsvall vs Jonkopings Sodra - Total goals OVER 2.5 @ 4/5
The 2 selections above, coupled with my handicap pick on the English women to win by 2 goals or more against Mexico pays out 11.04pts on a 2pt TREBLE. That takes my total for a 5pts lay on the football today.
Moving on to the tennis and it's proving to be a bit of a nightmare now with my lack of knowledge being capitalised on by the bookie. I shall now start winding down on my selections but today I do have, as reported via my Twitter page earlier this morning, a 2.5pt TREBLE that pays out 12.95pts on the following selections:
- Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet - Total games OVER 38.5 @ 8/11
- Roger Federer to beat Mikhail Youznhy 3-0 @ 1/3
- Rafael Nadal to beat Juan Martin Del Potro 3-0 @ 5/4
I am particularly confident about the Murray/Gasquet game have 39 games or more and I think that it represents great value particularly given their grand slam head to head history. For Nadal and Federer it's more a case of wait and see how they do but they should both win comfortably.
My total lay for today is 7.5pts.
** Please do not use my bets yourselves as you should always be responsible for your own betting. However, if you decide to use my bets, please ensure that you only bet with money that you can afford to lose. **

No comments:
Post a Comment