Wednesday, 29 June 2011

Lady luck

I shall not even go into luck when it comes to thinking about that shocking result a couple of hours ago between Inter Turku and MyPa because I guess that's just football. Ha, yeah but how can the stats be torn up like that in one game? For example, Inter Turku had, in 6 previous league home games, conceded just 3 goals. The final score was 4-4. That's more in 70 minutes than the previous 540 minutes. OH FFS.


Football is a funny old game and it's hard to tell how much was down to bad luck and how much was down to bad judgement because that I can admit has played a part since May. At least with my English football I can give a better retrospective on things because it's easier to distinguish between bad luck and bad judgement.


Still, life goes on and there are some interesting bets for tomorrow, mainly around the various International tournaments that are currently in progress. Namely odds of 4/6 on a bet that gives the Nigerian women a head start of 4 goals against their German counterparts. Ok, so Germany thrashed Nigeria 8-0 last year but that was on a cold evening in Leverkusen. This game matters and the Nigerians fancy themselves this year and only just lost 1-0 to France. As long as Germany don't win by more than 3 goals tomorrow I shall be happy.


I shall be placing a simple 3pt FIVEFOLD using the old 'bankers' method that returns just over 21 points on the following selections:
  • Mexico U-17 to beat Panama U-17 @ 2/7
  • Germany U-17 to beat USA U-17 @ 2/7
  • France U-17 vs Ivory Coast U-17 - Total goals OVER 2.5 @ 7/10
  • Nigeria Women (+4 goals) to beat Germany Women @ 4/6
  • Tromso to beat Dinaburg Daugavpils @ 8/15
Obviously having five games brings a great risk of a loss tomorrow but I shall keep the faith. Plus I kind of have no choice given the fact that the Bookie is winning the month of June by about 10 points or so and I really can't allow him, or her, to take a profit.


Canaries do not share money with Bookies....


** Please do not use my bets yourselves as you should always be responsible for your own betting. However, if you decide to use my bets, please ensure that you only bet with money that you can afford to lose. **

No comments:

Post a Comment