Friday, 1 July 2011

Make way for Haye

Better later than never would be a useful motto right about. Yesterday's win is on par with a 90th minute winner when the scores were at 3-3 given the fact that The Bookie and I have been trading blows throughout the month of June. A great gamble paid off and is further proof that luck favours the brave, well most of the time anyway!

I finished the month of June 7.30 points in profit with a selection success rate of 64.61% from 178 picks. Obviously the number of picks increased dramatically throughout the month thanks to the lure of Wimbledon and the fever that it brings!


I shall place up a post detailing my monthly success rates since I started the blog back in November soon.



Moving on to July and I have already had a cheeky little flutter in the bookies when I went to pick my winnings up earlier today. I posted these straight onto my Twitter page but to confirm I placed a 2pt TREBLE that returns 14.17pts on the following selections:

  • Andy Murray to beat Rafael Nadal @ 13/8
  • Novak Djokovic to beat Jo-Wilfired Tsonga @ 4/9
  • England to beat Sri Lanka in 2nd ODI @ 4/6
I won't, the above were selected on a whim, or on instinct I'm not too sure. Either way I am starting July on a hunch rather than because I have statistical evidence to back up my picks.

Moving on my actual proper picks and I have to start of with the Hayemaker, David Haye. What an opportunity this guy has to cement his position in the echelons of boxing in the modern era. He has everything he needs to beat the gentleman Wladimir Klitschko but it won't be easy, hence the 7/4 odds from Bwin.com. I am very confident of a Haye victory so I have the following selections:

  • David Haye to win - 7.5pts @ 7/4 = 20.63pts return
  • Fight to be won in rounds 1-3  - 1pt @ 7/1 = 8pts return.

That's a pretty hefty single bet from The Canary but I just feel so confident that Haye will win, and win well. However, I am also covered for my losses if Klitschko wins early on!

Moving on to my day job and there's not much around the football today. I have been scouring the fixtures and stats and there are a lot of tight games out there. I have, however, picked a 0.5pt TRIXIE that returns 15.04pts on the following selections:

  • Monaghan United vs Shelbourne - Total goals OVER 2.5 @ 21/20
  • Japan Women vs Mexico women - Total goals UNDER 2.5 @ 4/5
  • Qviding vs Vasteras - Draw @ 5/2

As I said, very tight matches today but hopefully I have found good value in the selections above. I shall place some more picks over the weekend via my Twitter page as I don't usually blog too much over the weekend so keep checking there for updates.

Have a good weekend all and let's hope that we have a profit at the end of July as well!



** Please do not use my bets yourselves as you should always be responsible for your own betting. However, if you decide to use my bets, please ensure that you only bet with money that you can afford to lose. **

No comments:

Post a Comment