Thursday, 18 August 2011

Europa League football bets for 18th August


The good roll came to an end last night with a mere 1.91pts returned on my original lay of 3.5pts. Ironic really given that I had 5 correct selections out of 7 last night and made a small loss yet on Tuesday it was just the 2 correct selections from 5 yet that returned a profit. I guess this just proves my theory that it's not just picking the right selections but it's also picking the correct combinations in which to maximise your potential profit.


We currently stand at 34.58pts profit for the month of August so far.


I won't get too downbeat, we were not that far away last night and today we turn our attention to the last round of the Europa League before the round robin stage. It's been quite hard so far in the earlier stages of the competition but with more form to work with now we should find it a little bit easier today to return a profit. I won't, however, be putting too much on the line today as there is not the greatest value around but we shall still have a punt at the bookies.


My main bet is a simple 1.5pt TREBLE that pays out 8.55pts on the following picks in tonight's Europa League:



  • HJK Helsinki vs Schalke 04 - Total goals OVER 2.5 @ 8/11
  • Partizan Belgrade to beat Shamrock Rovers @ 5/6
  • Austria Vienna to beat Gaz Metan Medias @ 4/5



In addition to the above I am also placing a 1pt FIVEFOLD that pays out 13.96pts on the three selections above along with the following two below:



  • Athletico Madrid to beat Vitoria Guimaraes @ 2/5
  • PSV Eindhoven to beat Ried @ 3/4



I've steered clear of the English clubs this evening as I feel it's too so to judge them in this environment, however, if I were to be pushed to make a prediction I would point to wins for Fulham & Tottenham Hotspur with Stoke City drawing and Birmingham losing in Portugal. Those are based on my instincts but there's no value in my opinion and all 4 games could go either way so I have left them well alone today.


Good luck.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** Please do not use my bets yourselves as you should always be responsible for your own betting. However, if you decide to use my bets, please ensure that you only bet with money that you can afford to lose. **

No comments:

Post a Comment