I won't be gloating at the bookies this morning, despite making a profit of 3.64pts last night to take our total profit for August to 36.17pts. Ok so the two pronged attack approach paid dividends, afterall you shouldn't really be making a profit from 2 correct selections out of 5 but I'm certainly glad that I took that approach last night.
![]() |
| Dougie Freedman - Courtesy of bbc.co.uk |
For today though my picture space is dedicated to Dougie Freedman and his Crystal Palace charges for their dramatic comeback in last nights late kick off at Selhurst Park. Sheffield United done well to come back to win 3-2 after being two goals down at home to Walsall but to score 2 goals in the 90th minute takes a lot of character and effort so they deserve recognition in my opinion. Plus they won me money when I thought that it was all over last night!
Today's games again prove a tricky test for The Canary, especially looking at the straight match markets. I'd be tempted to go for home wins across the board but I'm not entirely confident that will be the case as I think there will again be upsets tonight. One thing I do believe will happen tonight is there will be goals across the games tonight and my instinct is to go for the OVER 2.5 goals market, however, the bookies odds are really poor as they obviously think the same as me. There's no point risking money when the odds are too low and it's always better to look for the value. I will put a small bet the goals but it will be my secondary bet for today and you can see them at the bottom of today's post.
My main bet for today is a 0.5pt TRIXIE that returns 9.64pts on the following picks:
- OB Odense vs Villarreal - Total goals OVER 2.5 @ EVENS - UEFA Champions League
- Maccabi Haifa to beat Genk @ EVENS - UEFA Champions League
- Barcelona to beat Real Madrid @ 10/11 - Spanish Super Cup 2nd Leg
My secondary bet is a 1pt FOURFOLD that pays out 8pts on the following matches all to have OVER 2.5 goals tonight:
- Blackpool vs Derby County @ 13/20 - nPower Championship
- Cardiff City vs Brighton & Hove Albion @ 4/5 - nPower Championship
- Leicester City vs Bristol City @ 4/6 - nPower Championship
- Millwall vs Peterborough United @ 8/13 - nPower Championship
A 0.5pt ACCUMULATOR across all 7 selections pays out a healthy 30.53pts to take my total outlay for Wednesday 17th August to 3.5pts.
** Please do not use my bets yourselves as you should always be responsible for your own betting. However, if you decide to use my bets, please ensure that you only bet with money that you can afford to lose. **

No comments:
Post a Comment