Well the dust has settled and luckily enough the attention this week seems to be on the transfer window, Arsenal in particular, rather than on our dire form this weekend which saw our profit tumble down to 43.79 points for August with just two days remaining. I hope to get this back up to the 50 point mark by the end of the month, which of course is tomorrow.
As for the transfer window and it's subsequent betting scramble I would just like to say, in the mode of a dragon from the den, that 'I am OUT!'. I do not want to go anywhere the betting market as the transfer window is nothing but an absolute mess and a free for all. Benayoun back to Liverpool? Ok I could believe that but I doubt that it will happen, despite the SkyBet odds of 5/2 but then again who would think that Roberto Mancini would go anywhere near Owen Hargreaves? Well that deal looks likely to go through as of lunchtime today so that proves my theory!
WTF?
As for Arsenal, they NEED to spend money and not just because they need the players to boost their numbers but also due to a good point raised by Mr Stan Collymore on TalkSport the other day. Collymore, who is always one to talk straight, suggested that Arsene Wenger needs to go and park his 'tank' onto other manager's 'lawns' to show that Arsenal are not just a feeder club which of course they are fast becoming in the eyes of the media and indeed their fans. I doubt that Arsene 'I get a thrill out of being stubborn' Wenger would actually listen to Mr Collymore but the papers today are all over the Malouda & Alex stories, amongst others, so who knows.
All I know is that the next day or two is going to be very frantic indeed.
As for today's betting, I have gone for a 2.5pt TREBLE that returns 11.67pts on the following selections:
- Swindon Town vs Southampton - Total goals OVER 2.5 @ 7/10 - Carling Cup
- Scunthorpe United vs Hartlepool United - Total goals OVER 2.5 @ 7/10 - Johnstones Paint Trophy
- Colchester United vs Barnet - Both teams to score = YES @ 8/13 - Johnstones Paint Trophy
Let's hope for better luck today.
** Please do not use my bets yourselves as you should always be responsible for your own betting. However, if you decide to use my bets, please ensure that you only bet with money that you can afford to lose. **

No comments:
Post a Comment