Thursday, 24 November 2011

French annoyance & Thursday betting tips


Hmm yet another frustrating night, despite making profit yet again. Thanks to Lionel Messi and Robin 'I am Arsenal on my own' Van Persie we returned a profit of 5.5pts but for the second night in a row it was yet another French side who let me down and cost us even more profit.


Lyon & Marseilles both disappointed this week
Fair play to Olympiacos but given that both Lyon & Marseilles failed to score in their respective UCL home games this week against, on paper at least, slightly weaker sides it does make sad reading of France's top football teams when compared against the rest of Europe. I've never been a big fan of the league anyway, particularly as the players are nothing more than glorified sandwich advertising boards, but I still feel that both teams should've at least scored in their games this week. 


Anyway, moving on to tonight and that's not much about to be perfectly honest with you. The only semi decent competitions to investigate were the Coppa Italia in Italy and the Danish Landspokal and even these are at a push. Cup competitions are notoriously harder to take regular money given the format so we shall tread very carefully tonight.


I shall only be laying a small 1.5pt FIVEFOLD that returns a decent 19.12pts on the following selections:



  • Fiorentina to beat Empoli @ 2/5 - Coppa Italia
  • Genoa to beat Bari @ 11/20 - Coppa Italia
  • Cagliari vs Siena - Both teams to score = NO @ 8/11 - Coppa Italia
  • Federicia vs Horsens - Total goals OVER 2.5 @ EVENS - Danish Landspokal
  • FC Copenhagen vs Nordsjaelland - Both teams to score = YES @ 7/10 - Danish Landspokal



As I say take today's picks with a pinch of salt and don't lay anything heavy as tonight shall be a tough night to nail all 5 selections. If they come in then great, if they don't then we haven't lost anything too heavy.


Fiorentina & Genoa 'should' both beat Serie B opposition at home and Cagliari have failed to score in their last 4 home games and Siena don't exactly score away from home every game. 


Horsens pretty much get involved in high scoring games in every recent cup game that I can see and Federicia have the ability to at least score once tonight so hopefully we should see goals there. Nordsjaelland beat FC Copenhagen 3-1 away from home a few games back so can definitely score and obviously you would expect the home side to score at least once in front of their own fans.


So whilst I am taking a cautious approach tonight in terms of my stake and bet I do still feel that we have a half decent chance of returning a healthy profit if things go to form.




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** Please do not use my bets yourselves as you should always be responsible for your own betting. However, if you decide to use my bets, please ensure that you only bet with money that you can afford to lose. **

No comments:

Post a Comment