Friday, 30 December 2011

New year is upon us

Well thanks to vast amounts of food, drink and late nights, along with the bookie smashing my profits for the year before Xmas, I haven't posted any official tips or picks on here since 21st December.


Another year draws to a close.
Those of you who follow on Twitter will know that I have had the odd casual punt but seeing as it's nearly the start of a new year I shall go for a proper lay today.


I don't have access to my stats sheet to input my last couple of tips but I do know that the bookie has taken at least 30pts off of us this month so hopefully we can win big today.


Either way we have won the battle of 2011 champagne shall be flowing come tomorrow evening.


For tonight I do fancy Southampton (vs Bristol City) & Huddersfield Town (vs Carlisle United) to win their respective home ties, albeit against tricky opposition. Carlisle in particular have had some decent away results of late and indeed this season generally but Jordan Rhodes should prove too lethal tonight.


As for Bristol City, well they have dipped in the last few games, particular away from home and we all know how powerful Southampton are at home this season. Bristol City will not sit back and defend all game either so the Saints should be able to capitalise.


For the two away picks, Gillingham to beat Dagenham & Redbridge and Accrington Stanley to beat Hereford United, things will no doubt prove a little trickier. However, I have faith.


Gillingham are coming off the back of a decent run, (no losses since October including 3 away wins in League 2) and despite Dagenham's win against Barnet in their last home game their form at their own gaff has been pretty naff this season. In fact they have only won their 3 times all season and lost their last 6 there before beating Barnet. 


Gillingham should hopefully prevail.


Accrington Stanley's recent form reads P5 W4 D1 and Hereford United's reads P5 L4 D1 so that does it for me. Triple your money for an Accrington win? Yes please.


Hereford haven't won a game since 25th October and Accrington haven't lost a game in that same period and have also won their last two games away from home. It won't be easy but with odds like 21/10 they have to be taken.


So to clarify,


My bet for this evening is a 2.5pt FOURFOLD that returns a decent 40.60pts on the following selections:

  • Southampton to beat Bristol City @ 4/9 - nPower Championship
  • Huddersfield Town to beat Carlisle United @ 8/11 - nPower League 1
  • Gillingham to beat Dagenham & Redbridge @ 11/10 - nPower League 2
  • Accrington Stanley to beat Hereford United @ 21/10 - nPower League 2

Ok so Lille somehow drew 4-4 with ten man Nice in my last post to somehow cost me money and I have broken every team's unbeaten record since September but we are due a change in luck. This is also my penultimate post betting in this way as I will be changing my betting methods slightly in the new year. 

Anyway, good luck for today eh.





----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** Please do not use my bets yourselves as you should always be responsible for your own betting. However, if you decide to use my bets, please ensure that you only bet with money that you can afford to lose. **

No comments:

Post a Comment