Wednesday, 17 November 2010

Never bet on your own team!!

So it's another meaningless England friendly and this time it's our local rivals France visiting the magnificent Wembley. Both teams had a nightmare World Cup campaign, albeit France's was a hell of a lot worse than ours!! Therefore this is a game is being played out by 2 teams in transition so I am leaving this one alone. 

I do, however, believe that there will be a couple of goals so I will include the +1.5 goals @ 4/9 on my main treble bet today. I am not brave enough to go for +2.5 goals so I'll take the less risky approach for now as I am only interested in building a small profit in time for the main betting action this weekend when the real football returns.

My main treble tonight is:
  • England Vs France - Over 1.5 goals @ 4/9
  • Argentina Vs Brazil - Over 2.5 goals @ 11/10
  • Luton Town (-1 goal) to beat Corby Town @ 4/5
I like the Argentina/Brazil game to be over 2.5 goals @ 11/10. I think that's great odds considering the talent on show, and the fact that the Argies always score goals at home. 

Luton will be up against their own crowd tonight, but I think that they are good enough to get that all important early goal to calm the nerves, and then push on for more goals as the game goes on.

As I am 2.18pts in profit, I will use 1.18pts for the treble above and that pays out @ 6.44pts

With the other 1pt, I am going to push my luck and again go for a long shot against my own advice. 8 games are as follows:
  • Russia to beat Belgium @ 4/7
  • Finland to beat San Marino @ 1/25
  • Croatia to beat Malta @ 1/25
  • Egypt to beat Australia @ 11/10
  • Holland vs Turkey - Over 2.5 goals @ 10/11
  • Slovenia to beat Georgia @ 1/2
  • Italy to beat Romania @ EVENS
  • Germany to beat Sweden @ 6/5
A 1pt accumulator pays out at over 44pts. I have not covered this bet with any doubles or trebles as this is merely a bet for fun really. It does, however, have a good outside chance of hitting in my opinion.


Either way with the bets placed above my pot stands at 0 so even if both bets lose I am only back where I started for the month, which is better than being in debt that's for sure!


Although I am confident I will get some profit tonight in time for the weekends games.


Oh and COME ON ENGLAND!!


No comments:

Post a Comment