A choice between a young up and coming manager taking a big risk early in his career by putting himself at the mercy of a ruthless mercenary whose pockets are stuffed with cash or a man who has done nothing but line his pockets with said cash at the expense of CONCACAF's members. I for one am happy to see both go, for different reasons of course, but both decisions do highlight a massive issue that's blighting football today.
On the one hand we have a hungry, and indeed talented, manager who has jumped the Sagres Liga ship as per every other person worth their post success and to be fair I can't blame him. It does, however, go to show how far Chelsea will go to get what they 'want'. I can't see what Villas-Boas is personally going to get out of the job because it's a no-win situation as far as I can see. If he succeeds by winning the European Cup, people will point towards the resources available and thus downgrade his achievement. Of course we all know that if he 'fails' by not winning the UEFA Champions League final, regardless if he wins 20 other things in a year, then he will be thrown on the scrapheap, albeit a comfortable scrapheap with pots of gold, ala Ancelotti and co.
Good luck to him, I just don't see why a man in his position would need to rush the big move.
As for Jack Warner, don't get me started. It would take a deluded person on crystal meth to not realise that the only reason he has quit his posts is because he can no longer be investigate by the FIFA Ethics Committee. In other words, he will get away scott free for his past misdemeanours and be free to spend his dirty money. It's people like Mr Warner that are ruining the game of football and it's about time FIFA came clean and admitted it's problems. Oh what's that over there, a flying pig you say?
Anyway that's my rant out of the way so I can now focus on tomorrow's bets. For the football I have gone for a straightforward 2.5pt TREBLE that returns 12.12pts on the following selections:
- St Patrick's Athletic (-1 goal) to beat Galway Utd @ 8/13
- Derry City to beat Sligo Rovers @ 6/5
- Netherlands U17 to beat North Korea U17 @ 4/11
For the tennis I shall be using some of the same selections that I picked for today as most of them have been moved back until tomorrow. Unfortunately Thomaz Bellucci fell at the first hurdle today so my first bet for the tournament was a failure but I am looking to bounce back with the following 1.5pt ACCUMULATOR that returns 24.57pts on the following selections:
- Nicolas Almagro - Nicolas Almagro v Jarkko Nieminen @ 4/7
- Mikhail Youzhny - Juan Monaco v Mikhail Youzhny @ 4/11
- Robin Söderling - Robin Söderling v Philipp Petzschner @ 2/9
- Jurgen Melzer - Alejandro Falla v Jurgen Melzer @ 3/10
- Marcos Baghdatis - Marcos Baghdatis v James Blake @ 2/7
- Dominika Cibulkova - Dominika Cibulkova v Mirjana Lucic @ 2/5
- Lucie Safarova - Lucie Safarova v Lucie Hradecka @ 2/5
- Shuai Peng - Kirsten Flipkens v Shuai Peng @ 4/11
- Elena Baltacha - Elena Baltacha v Mona Barthel @ 2/5
Hopefully we will be going in to tomorrow with some profit on today's selections!
** Please do not use my bets yourselves as you should always be responsible for your own betting. However, if you decide to use my bets, please ensure that you only bet with money that you can afford to lose. **

No comments:
Post a Comment