Monday, 20 June 2011

King Rory

A relatively up and down weekend proved to be a decent one for The Canary with an overall profit return of 6.63 points including the US Open pick of Brandt Snedeker which took 3pts away. He was, however, not too far away throughout the weekend but he could never quite make a big enough impression.


Money aside though, what a magnificent win for Rory Mcllroy and a thoroughly deserved one given the nature of his fall from the top leaderboard at Augusta in the Masters. A fantastic effort, not only in terms of his overall golf play but his mental character to avoid another meltdown when leading the way come 54 holes. I can't think of any superlatives that haven't already been used. Mr Mcllroy, take a bow son.


Moving on and today we have the tennis selections in play and you can view the picks via yesterday's blog. I will post today's football picks up now but in future I will try and post them up 24 hours in advance so I will hopefully have tomorrow's picks up by this evening.


In the meantime we have today's picks. My main bet for today is a 2.5pt DOUBLE that returns 8.25pts on the following:

  • Malmo vs Kalmar - Both teams to score - NO @ 5/6
  • Djurgarden vs Syrianska - Both teams to score - NO @ 4/5
I am looking for a goal drought this evening and the odds via Coral are very tempting indeed. Both Kalmar and Syrianska have failed to score in 80% of their away games this season whilst Malmo and Djurgarden's ratio at home is 25% and 60% respectively. I was half tempted to go for the under 2.5 goals in the Malmo/Kalmar game but hopefully Malmo can keep a clean sheet because...

In addition to the above I shall also be placing a 1.5pt ACCUMULATOR that returns 11.55pts on the following selections:
  • Malmo to beat Kalmar @ 4/5
  • El Zamalek to beat Talaea Gaish @ 4/11
  • Bray Wanderers to beat Bohemians @ 13/10
  • Brazil U17 to beat Denmark U17 @ 4/11
Finally, as per my tweet earlier today I have place a 1pt each way bet on Vera Zvonareva to win the ladies title at Wimbledon. A good solid player and a finalist last year so I fancy her to do well and maybe even go one further this year.

That's a total lay of 6pts for today. Please check again this evening for tomorrow's picks.



** Please do not use my bets yourselves as you should always be responsible for your own betting. However, if you decide to use my bets, please ensure that you only bet with money that you can afford to lose. **

No comments:

Post a Comment