Tuesday, 23 August 2011

Football betting tips for League Cup fixtures on 23rd August


Not too sure if I can call last night a successful night or not. Ok so there was profit made, 2.14pts returned on a total stake of 2pts, but given the fact that I was wanting to go for the over 2.5 goals call on last night's Premier League match between Manchester United & Tottenham Hotspur, I do feel a little downhearted. However, hindsight is a wonderful thing, even more so when it comes to betting!


I'll stick by my picks and my 0.14pts profit as you should always stick to your betting philosophy and you shouldn't start drifting away from what you know returns money on a consistent basis. As we all know you can't win every time otherwise football was die out as a game if it were that predictable. I love the challenge and I shall be taking the fight to the bookie once more tonight with some decent picks in the league cups in England and Scotland tonight.


Charlton Athletic vs Reading
My pick of the night is the tie at The Valley between high flying Charlton Athletic and Reading where you can get odds of 10/11 for there to be over 2.5 goals in the game. Both teams have been involved in games with a decent amount of goals in them this season and with both teams focusing on their respective leagues tonight I do expect a free flowing game of football with plenty of goals about. 


I have also gone for the same bet in the game between AFC Bournemouth and West Bromwich Albion and William Hill offer odds of 8/11 which represents decent value, albeit on the border line in my opinion. Bournemouth have only had the one game so far under 2.5 goals from 5 played and WBA have lost 2-1 in their two league games so far this season, albeit to Chelsea and Manchester United. I believe that both teams will score but WBA should have enough to at least score two.


I will put both bets above in with a third below to make a 2pt TREBLE that returns 11.39pts:



  • Queen of the South to beat Forfar Athletic @ 8/11 - Scottish League Cup
  • Charlton Athletic vs Reading - Total goals OVER 2.5 @ 10/11 - English League Cup
  • AFC Bournemouth vs West Bromwich Albion - Total goals OVER 2.5 @ 8/11 - English League Cup



Let's be hoping for plenty of goals tonight!



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** Please do not use my bets yourselves as you should always be responsible for your own betting. However, if you decide to use my bets, please ensure that you only bet with money that you can afford to lose. **

No comments:

Post a Comment