Tuesday, 9 August 2011

Go home Roger!!

Sticks and stones may break my bones but they may also break the windows of the local Nando's as well, this is 2011 and yes the UK riots that started a stones throw away from White Hart Lane are taking over all news outlets today. I for one can't ignore it, as I work in London but as with the July 7/7 bombings, Londoners get on with their business as per normal. Hopefully we do not see any losses of life as a result of these idiots and their riots. 


courtesy of guardian.co.uk
They have no excuse, it's now just a 'game' for them and the police need every bit of help that they can get so I'd advise to stay off of the streets as the 'spectators' are actually making the situation worse as it makes it harder to differentiate between the criminals and the plain stupid. Go home.


I did, however, want to share this video which I think sums up the thoughts of many locals in the areas affected:






As a result of the riots, tomorrow's friendly between England and Holland that was due to be played at Wembley has now been cancelled. Many a Premier League manager will no doubt fight the urge to smile in public when they get asked in the coming days if these riots were a blessing in disguise or not. They will say no, the riots are bad. They will be thinking, yes I am over the moon as I can now plan for Saturday's match. Swings and roundabouts.


The other games called off are the Carling Cup ties at West Ham, Charlton, Crystal Palace and Bristol City.


Anyway, the above detracts from what was another successful day at Canary Towers. 2 picks, 2 correct, 7.4pts profit = job well done. It was actually quite a comfortable night in the end which is always welcome as the nerves can be saved for another day. We are now up 25.33pts for the month of August despite only having a success rate of 53.13% which suggests that I'm covering all angles pretty well this month.


Moving on to tonight and the focus is the Carling Cup 1st Round ties that are taking place across the country. From experience these tend to produce a few banana skins so I shall be treading very carefully this evening but I am again hopeful of taking more points from the bookies, even if it does feel a bit harsh considering their shops are currently getting smashed up in London!


My main bet for tonight is a straight forward 2.5pt DOUBLE that returns 10.83pts on the following picks:



  • Ipswich Town to beat Northampton Town @ 4/9 - Carling Cup
  • Derby County to beat Shrewsbury Town @ 4/7 - Carling Cup
  • Doncaster Rovers to beat Tranmere Rovers @ 10/11 - Carling Cup



In addition to the above, I have also created an away team special 1.5pt DOUBLE that returns 7.25pts on the following:



  • Middlesboro to beat Walsall @ 11/10 - Carling Cup
  • Brentford to beat Hereford United @ 13/10 - Carling Cup



A 1pt FIVEFOLD on all of today's selections pays out a decent 20.93pts to take my total stake for today to 5pts.


Be safe people, but get rich in the process.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  • Is the Canary currently on form, check current stats HERE 
  • Want to know how to work the points system, click HERE 
  • Who is going to win the league this year, click HERE
  • Want to know who The Canary is, click HERE 
** Please do not use my bets yourselves as you should always be responsible for your own betting. However, if you decide to use my bets, please ensure that you only bet with money that you can afford to lose. **

No comments:

Post a Comment